Asus Tek Computer Incorporated is one of the best computer hardware and electronics company. This company is very well known for developing the best motherboard, laptops, desktops, smartphones etc. It has become quite famous recently in the market for making affordable laptops. Along with cheap price these machines have a ton of features and exclusive application that help its users in a certain way. Although you get so many good features and when you use the Asus laptop, even then you face some major glitches occasionally. A specific issue that you may get is the Asus trackpad not working.
The reason you can get this issue is due to the fact that the touchpad is not enabled. Also, this issue can occur if the driver of the Asus trackpad driver is obsolete. To fix the issue of Asus laptop touchpad not working, move to the section that follows.
Steps To Fix The Issue Of Asus Laptop Touchpad Not Working
In this section, we will provide effective solutions to fix the issue of the Asus laptop touchpad not working. In order to fix this error, you can attach an external mouse into the Asus laptop computer and then follow the steps below.
Enable The Touchpad Of The Asus Laptop
- First, hit on the combination of ‘Windows Logo + I’ keys simultaneously and open the ‘Settings’ window.
- In that window, choose a category ‘Devices’
- In the new page that comes up, choose an option ‘Touchpad’ under the ‘Devices’ heading that is on the left side of the window.
- After that, scroll down to the ‘Related Settings’ heading, select a link ‘Additional settings’.
- Within the ‘Mouse Properties’ dialog box select the tab ‘Device Settings’ tab and then go to the ‘Touchpad’ section and give a check mark beside the option ‘Enable touchpad’.
- Now, tap on the ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button.
- Finally, inspect the touchpad of your device and see if it is working or not.
Reboot Your Asus Laptop
The issue of Asus laptop touchpad not working can be fixed if you first turn off your machine and then wait for some time. After that, restart the Asus laptop and after the booting process is over, check if the touchpad is working or not.
Update The Asus Laptop Touchpad Driver
Sometimes the touchpad might not work if the driver of that pointing device is obsolete. Therefore to know the update process follow the steps below.
- Press the ‘Windows Logo + X’ combination keys together. From the list of options, select the ‘Device Manager’.
- In that window, locate the device category ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ and expand it.
- After that, select the touchpad driver under that category and right-click on it. From the list of options, choose the ‘Properties’.
- In the ‘Touchpad Properties’, go to the ‘Driver’ tab and under it select the button that says ‘Update Driver Software…’
- In the new window, select the option of ‘Search automatically for the updated driver software’
- Now, the driver of the touchpad will get downloaded and installed automatically.