If you are looking to connect a peripheral to your Windows 10 PC or laptop, then connecting via Bluetooth is the easiest way. The Bluetooth performance has improved quite significantly with the advancement of technology. At the same time, people are facing some difficulties while using this feature. This might occur if you have not installed the Bluetooth driver properly. Otherwise, it may be related to the Bluetooth drivers Windows 10 update issue on your laptop.
Therefore, you’ll need to know the proper way of how to install the Bluetooth driver on Windows 10 to get rid of the Bluetooth errors. In this article, you can find all the details related to Bluetooth driver download and installation on your device.
Common Errors Related To Bluetooth Drivers Windows 10
A Bluetooth driver mainly allows your Operating System to communicate with a Bluetooth device and vice-versa. But if there is any problem with the driver, then the Windows OS will fail to recognize the connected Bluetooth device. Here are some of the common errors that can arise due to improper insatllation or outdated Bluetooth drivers:
- ‘Bluetooth device not found’ issue.
- ‘Bluetooth cannot start, Hardware not found’ error.
- ‘This device is not configured correctly (Code 1)’ error.
- ‘This device cannot start (Code 10)’ error.
How To Install Bluetooth Driver On Windows 10: Easy Tips And Tricks
Are you looking to update and install the Bluetooth drivers on your Windows 10? Then, your wait is over. This is just the guide that will help you to update and install the Bluetooth drivers correctly on your Windows 10 device. Follow the mentioned procedures carefully to complete the insatllation process:
Method 1: Using Windows Device Manager
Windows 10 Operating System includes a built-in service, Device Manager, that helps one to recognize and solve driver-related problems. As Windows system can automatically detect what Bluetooth driver you’re using, the Device Manager is surely a quick way to update it. To update and install the driver using the Device Manager, follow the steps given below:
- First, open the Run application by pressing the Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- In the Device Manager window, search the Bluetooth option and double-click on it. There, you’ll see the name of your built-in Bluetooth device.
- Now, right-click on the Bluetooth device name, and a menu will appear. From there, select ‘Update driver’ option.
- In the next window, select the option that starts with ‘Search automatically for updated….’.
- After clicking that option, your Windows OS will start searching for the latest Bluetooth drivers available for your device. Wait until it completes the search and provides the driver update.
- Then, go through the on-screen instructions and reboot your system to complete the update and installation procedure.
Method 2: Update & Install Manually
If you accidentally download or install the wrong driver on your device, then it will compromise the laptop’s stability and lead to a system crash. For that reason, you should try installing the updates manually for your Bluetooth driver.
- Press ‘Windows Key’ + ‘R’ on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box and click OK.
- The Device Manager window will arrive on your screen. From there, locate the Bluetooth option and double-click on it. Then, you’ll see the manufacturer from the name of your built-in Bluetooth device.
- Now, you have to open the manufacturer’s website and go to the Support section for driver downloads.
- Check for the right download link according to your variant of Windows Operating System, which is Windows 10. There, you will find a number of options from which try clicking the first one for the latest driver version.
- After the download is complete, double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- At last, reboot your computer and let the changes you made take effect.
All you need to do is follow the steps given in this article carefully. For more comprehensive help, you can consider getting in touch with any certified expert.