Are you familiar with the Canon printer not responding error? If yes, then you have hit the right page. Here, in this context, we have provided some proven methods to fix this issue. But before you move to the troubleshooting methods, it’s essential to know the likely reason behind this issue. Perceiving the adequate reason is helpful to you as you can implement them precisely only after you identify the objects.
Apparent Causes Behind Canon Printer Not Responding
There are several apparent causes for Canon Pixma printer not responding, out of which the most prominent ones are mentioned below:
- Canon printer not responding issue can be caused due to a faulty ethernet cable.
- If your printer drivers are outdated or old, then you may be stuck with the Canon printer not responding Windows 10 issue.
- There can be a conflict with the IP address, and you find that your canon printer is not responding.
- The issue can be with the faulty USB connection; you find this issue.
- Another major factor is the router connection. It can also be responsible for the Canon printer not responding errors.
- Poor internet connection is pretty much familiar with almost all users. As a result, you encounter Canon printer not responding issue.
In some cases, virus infections also play a major role in such an error. If the issue is not clear to you, then proceed with the troubleshooting steps. These are the common factors which are responsible for this issue. You need to resolve each and every reason that cause the printer related issue.
Easy Ways To Resolve Canon Printer Not Responding
There are several ways to fix the printer related issues, but here, we have provided the proven and most accurate troubleshooting steps. Simply apply these tricks and fix this issue on your own.
Perform Some Basic Troubleshooting
Primarily you need to check some basic things that may cause this issue. So, you can give the connection of your Canon printer a thorough check.
If you use a USB cable to connect to the printer:
- If you are using a USB cable to connect to your Canon printer, then you need to make sure that the USB cable is properly connected. Check whether it is properly seated into the ports on both your computer and printer.
- You can connect your printer to your system without using a hub.
- You can connect the cable to a different USB port on your system. And check, if this works or not.
- Alternatively, you can try using with a different cable and check if there is an issue with the cable.
If you use a network printer:
- If you are using a network printer, then you need to check your network connection first and then check your devices such as your modem and router.
- Now, ensure whether the network connection status of your printer is proper to make it function smoothly.
- If your printer is using wired connection.you can try reconnecting or replacing the network cable.
- If you use a wireless printer, then you need to reconnect your printer to your work or home network.
If you connect your printer via Bluetooth:
If you connet your printer via Bluetooth, you need to make sure that your printer is close enough to your system. You can go for repair option using system tools and check if this fixes your problem.
Method 2: Update The Printer’s Driver
An outdated or old printer driver is the main culprit of this issue. So, you need to update it shortly. Installing the current driver can easily resolve this issue.
To do so, go to Device Manager. Pressing Windows logo key and X simultaneously and selecting the Device Manager. On the list of devices, find the printer, once you find it, simply right-click on it and select the Update Driver button. Now, you will see the Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software option. Select it and Windows will automatically download the suitable driver for your printer. In case, it does not work then install the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Method 3: Perform The Printer Troubleshooter
Windows has a built-in tool that can help you to fix your Canon printer related issues. To run this tool, follow the below instructions:
- First, press the Windows key and search for ‘troubleshoot’ or ‘Troubleshooting.’
- Then, open the troubleshooter:
If you are running Windows 10, then select the Print button and then hit the Run The Troubleshooter button. If you are running Windows 7, then select the Use A Printer button.
- After this, simply follow the on-screen directions to finish the procedure.
Hope, this process will resolve your problem. But if not, then no need to worry, there are some other fixes for you to try.
Method 4: Restart Print Spooler Service
This print spooler service is built on the communication between your device and your printer. If this service gets stuck with some unknown reason, then you find the Canon printer not responding to Windows 10 issue. You will have to restart this service in an instant. To restart it, have a look below:
- Press and hold the Windows logo key and R simultaneously on your keyboard to invoke the Run box.
- Then, enter the command ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
- This will open a new service window; there you will see the Print Spooler button, simply select that button.
- After this process, press the Restart option to refresh your device.
Method 5: Configure The Correct Printer Port
At times, using a wrong port can create this kind of problem. To change the settings, you need to press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run box. Then, enter the command ‘control’ and hit the Enter button. Now choose Large icons, under View by menu. Look for and open the Devices & Printers button and then right-click on your printer.
Then, you will see the Printer Properties option, simply click on that and select the Change Properties. Now, select the Port tab, then check the following:
- Accommodates the name of your printer;
- In the description, has USB/DOT4.(if you connect your printer with USB).
- In the description, has WSD, network/ IP.(f you are using a network printer).
Now, press the Apply button and select the General tab. There, you need to choose the print Test Page button.
Method 6: Set As Default Printer
To select your default printer, you need to type ‘default printer’ into the Cortana search box first. Then, select the Change default printer option. Now, you will see Let Windows Manager MyDefaul Pinter button; if you want, you can switch off this option. Then, you will sea green checked box that highlights your default printer. Finally, right-click on the other printer and choose the Set As Default Printer button.
Method 7: Install All Current Updates
If none of the methods works, then the issue might be with the missing updates. Alternatively, certain glitches can create this kind of issues. In that case, you need to install the recent updates.
To do so, go to the Settings app and then navigate to the Update & Security section. There, look for ‘Check For Updates’ option, once you find the option, simply hit that button and install the latest updates. When done, restart your system.
Method 8: Check The Printer’s Compatibility With The OS
If you still get stuck with the same issue then, your printer may not be compatible with the Windows 10 that you are using. In that case, you need to verify your printer manufacturer’s website to rest assured.
Hope, this article will help you to get rid of your Canon printer not responding issue. If you like this article, you can comment below and feel free to provide any suggestion you feel important.