In case the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is corrupted or missing on Windows 10, then your device won’t be recognized and as a result, you won’t be able to import any files or photos. This error takes place when the iPhone does not have the proper drivers present in it. The drivers are a very critical component of the Operating System that can bridge the hardware device with the software. All the operations of the Operating System occur with the aid of these drivers.
Why Is The Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing on Windows 10
This error can occur when the Operating System is not being able to communicate with the device. Each and every device has its own driver which must be present in your system in order to interact with it. So, if the Apple USB drivers are missing, then you may need to take the necessary steps to fix them. It is easily understandable from this error that the Apple device is not recognized in the device manager.
Apple USB driver will not show up due to an improper connection with your Apple device. It must be noted that Apple has their own software service built on the Windows device. So if there is any fault in the Apple USB driver, then you may not be able to see the service in your desktop.
Fix Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Missing On Windows 10
Look out for the solutions that are given below to solve the issue:
Method 1: Examine The Connection Of Apple Device
You have to verify that you have a working data cable. Check if it is capable of transferring data. In many cases, the cable may be working fine while charging but is not usable when it comes to moving data.
If the above reasons do not justify the cause of such an error, then you must try to change the ports. You can also disconnect your cable and then reconnect it back to the same place. See if this fixes the issue and that your device is recognized appropriately.
Method 2: Update The Drivers If Present
The drivers, if present, must be up to date. Updating the drivers in your device is very important as it can fix many bugs and technical flaws. You can get the latest version of the Apple USB driver either automatically or manually. In the automatic update, you do not need to have to intervene and let the computer search for the newest drivers automatically.
Method 3: Reinstalling Apple USB Driver
There are two ways by which you can reinstall the Apple USB device driver:
After you have downloaded iTunes from Microsoft, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, disconnect the Apple device from your machine and then unplug the cable. Next, unlock the Apple device, and with the screen open, you need to connect your device again.
- Now, open the Run dialog box and type devmgmt.msc in there. Then, press Enter. Next, find out the problematic driver of Apple device and then right-click on it. You can then choose to update that driver.
- You can choose to update the driver manually, but for doing so, you need the drivers to be present in the machine. Download the drivers for the Apple device beforehand. To be on the safe side, you can choose to Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After the latest drivers are installed, navigate to the Update and Security option under the Settings menu. Next, choose the Windows Update option. Verify that the Windows is up to date with the newest version.
- Open iTunes and see if you are successful in resolving your issue.
Follow the given steps carefully:
- The first step is the same as mentioned in the previous procedure.
- Now, open the Run dialog box and type in there the following- %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- A File Explorer window will open with a number of system files present. Right click on the inf and usbaapl64.inf system files. Next, choose Install.
- Also, make sure that the files ending with the .inf extension are installed.
- Now, you can disconnect your device from the machine and set it back again. Restart your iTunes application and check if it solves the issue.
Method 3: Restart The Service
In the Windows Operating System, there is a feature known as Apple Mobile Device Service which manages the USB driver and other modules. It makes sure that your Apple device is working fine without causing any problems. If this service is not working correctly, then it can cause the problem at hand. The best way to fix this is to restart the services. You can apply the following steps to reset the Apple service in your computer.
- Open the Run dialog box and type services.msc in there. Then, hit Enter.
- In the services dialog box, search for “Apple Mobile Device Service.” Right-click on the same and choose properties.
- Stop the service and then restart it once again. Now, verify that the startup type is set as automatic.
- Finally, attach your Apple device with the computer and then restart iTunes.
If the problem persists, then connect your device to another machine. In case you need more comprehensive help, consider having a chat with some reliable experts.