The Dell backup and recovery toaster has stopped working error usually occur during computer startup, program startup. Even sometimes while trying to use a specific function, you might as well face several severe messages. In some instances during shutting down or installation of the Windows Operating System you might experience this issue. This is the most commonly reported error by the users. If you are facing the same glitch, go through the article. We have mentioned here the primary reasons causing the error along with easy ways to fix them.
Fundamental Reasons Causing Dell Backup And Recovery Toaster
The Dell backup and recovery toaster has stopped working error are often reported. There could be several reasons for this issue. A few of the primary causes are as follows:
- The primary reason that might cause this error is corrupted or missing files.
- Invalid Registry Entries associated with the Toaster.exe might also cause this error.
- Virus or malware infection might corrupt the System files resulting in this error.
- If any program is maliciously or mistakenly deleted can even result to this error.
- Another reason causing the error is a corrupt download or incomplete installation of the software.
Troubleshooting Tips To Fix Dell Backup And Recovery Toaster Has Stopped Working
Perform the easy procedures mentioned below to resolve the Dell backup and recovery toaster has stopped working error:
Method 1: Repair The Registry Entries
The primary cause of the failure is due to corrupt Registry entries. However, you can quickly solve them by repairing the files. To complete the process, perform the following steps:
- At first, you need to click on the Start menu and in the search box type ‘command.’ Do not hit the Enter key.
- Now, you need to hold the CTRL and the Shift key from your keyboard. Now hit the ENTER key.
- When a permission dialog box appears on the screen, choose Yes.
- You will be directed to a black box window with a blinking cursor. Now, enter the “regedit” command and press the Enter.
- Now, when the Registry Editor opens, select the Toaster.exe-related key which you want to back up.
- Choose the ‘Export’ option under the File menu, then in the ‘Save’ in the list, you need to select the folder where you want to save. Now, in the file name box add a name of your choice and then make sure the “Selected branch” option is selected. You will find this option in the Export Range box.
- Finally, click on ‘Save’ and the file will save with a .reg file extension.
- Now, you need to edit the registry files manually.
Method 2: Run A Full Scan
Another reason causing the error might be if the device you are using is infected with virus or malware. Therefore, the best way to resolve the error is by running a full scan on your computer. Upon scanning, the computer will detect the threats and then fix them as well. If you do not have any third-party antivirus software installed in your system, you can also scan with the Windows built-in antivirus software.
Method 3: Update Device Drivers
Moreover, if you are using a faulty, corrupt or an outdated device driver, you are likely to face the issue. Hence, upgrade the drivers and check if the error that you are currently encountering fixes. You can update the drivers automatically, manually or via Device Manager.
To automatically upgrade the driver, you need to run a full scan on your computer. Scanning will detect the drivers. Now, you can click on the Update or the Update All option. If you click on the update option, you will need to install the updates manually whereas, on selecting the ‘Update All’ option, it will download and install the latest version of the correct driver automatically. Make sure the driver you are installing is compatible with the device.
To manually update the drivers, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website and then locate the correct driver that is compatible with the device that you are using.
To update the drivers via Device Manager, first press the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box. Now type the ‘devmgmt.msc.’ command and hit Enter. Now, click on OK. Then you need to locate the Display Adapters option and select it. Locate the driver that you want to update and then select the Update driver option.
Method 4: Utilize Windows System Restore
Often System Restore helps to resolve the Dell backup and recovery toaster issue. Perform the following steps and fix the error effectively.
- Click on the Start button and in the search box you need to type “System Restore.”
- Now, press the ENTER key.
- When the window appears, click on System Restore.
- If prompted with fields to provide the passwords, you need to enter the administrator passwords.
- Now, when the Wizard appears, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, reboot your computer.
Method 5: Run Windows System File
If the System FIles are corrupted, you might encounter this issue. Hence, you need to run the Windows System check, to fix the glitch. Perform the steps as given below:
- First, click on the Start button and type “command” in the search box. Also, note, do not press the Enter, right after typing the command.
- Upon holding both the CTRL and the Shift key press the Enter.
- When the permission dialog box appears on the screen, click on Yes.
- When you receive a black box with a blinking cursor, type the “sfc /scannow” command and hit the Enter key.
- Now, the System File Checker will begin the scanning. The process might take a few minutes to complete; now you need to perform the commands that appear on your computer screen.
Method 7: Install All Available Windows Updates
If none of the methods mentioned above work for you, you need to install all the latest Windows updates. To implement the process, follow the given steps:
- First, you need to select the Start button.
- Now in the search box type ‘update’ and hit the Enter key.
- When the Windows Update dialog box appears, click on the Install Updates button if any updates are available.
Hopefully, the methods mentioned above will help you to resolve the Dell backup and recovery toaster issue in no time. Let us know how did the steps help you in the comment section below.