Changing the WiFi password of your D-Link router can be a wise decision as it can help you protect your network being unknowingly shared or even hacked unethically by neighbors or priers. So, as the first measure of precaution, you should change or reset the Wifi password on your D-Link router from time to time. It helps you to build a secure connection which is shared with only the ones you wish to and with your permission.
If you are a D-Link router user and want to learn how to change the WiFi password on it, then you are at the right place for solutions. In this article, we have provided you with the exact steps of doing so in no time whatsoever. Thus, go through this article thoroughly and follow the procedure of changing the WiFi password of your D-Link router.
How To Change D-Link WiFi Password?
To change or reset the WiFi password of your D-Link router, you need to connect it to your computer either wirelessly or via an ethernet cable. You also need to have access to a web browser of your choice through which you will access the web-based homepage of your D-Link router. After you have met all the above-mentioned requirements, you can follow the steps given below to change the wireless password on your D-Link router.
- Open a browser of your choice and type the IP address of your router. The default IP address of D-Link router is 192.168.0.1. You can also enter the URLs: http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local and hit Enter to access the login page of your router.
- Enter your login credentials in the login page that opens. If you haven’t changed your username and password, you need to input the default values which, in this case, are ‘admin’ for username, and just leave the password field blank.
- After you successfully log into your D-Link router, click on the Setup tab, and then click on Wireless Settings.
- Click on Security Mode.
- Now, set your Wireless Security to WPA2.
- Next, in the password field, delete your old password and enter a new one as per your choice. For maximum security, you should use a strong password, preferably a combination of numbers and alphabets.
- Confirm your new password by entering it again. Then, click on Save Changes to save the new settings.
Wrapping It Up…
Once you have reset your D-Link router WiFi password, all your previously connected devices will disconnect themselves. You need to enter the new password in the devices to reconnect.
This is the process of changing the password on your D-Link router. Hopefully, after going through the steps as mentioned in this article and by implementing them accordingly, you can reset the WiFi password on your D-Link router without any problems.