In the world of internet, your systems IP address is quite similar to the mailing address. Every system, connected to the internet, should have its own IP address. So, you can easily identify the unique identity of your device. Many people have claimed to learn how to change IP address of their system. If you want to change the IP address, then follow the instructions which are below mentioned.
Some Easier Steps To Change Your IP Address
No matter whether if you are a Windows OS or Mac OS user, we will discuss all relevant steps here.
Changing IP Address On Windows OS
To change your Windows IP address follow the process-
Using Command Prompt
You can use the command prompt to change IP address.
- Press “Windows Key + R” to open the “Run” box, type “cmd” and then click on “OK” or “Enter” button.
- Once command prompt opens, type “ipconfig /release” and then press “Enter” to run the command.
- After shut down your computer.
- Finally, turn on your computer.
Using The Control Panel
Those people who are using a router, they can follow these steps,
- Go to “Control Panel” and select “Network and Sharing Center” option.
- In network and sharing section, choose “Change adapter settings” on the left side of the screen.
- Double click on the “Connection”
- Open “Properties”.
- In the properties window, double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), depending on what IP address you want to change.
- Select “IP address automatically”
If you choose manually, click the option “Use the following IP address” and below you enter the required values for IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
Disable Or Re-enable Network Connection
This work only Private address. Follow these steps,
- Press “Windows Key + R “ to open the “Run” box, type “ncpa.cpl” and click on “OK” or “Enter” button.
- When the network connections window opens, choose “Network” and right-click on it. Then choose “Disable”. And right click to choose “Enable”.
Using A Router
If you are using a router you can change the IP address in your system.
- At first, log into your router admin
- Then, release the IP address.
- Turn off the router, ethernet hubs/switches, and the cable or modem
- Leave that overnight
- Again turn on the device.
Changing IP Address On Mac OS
If you are using Mac OS, follow these steps to change your IP address.
- At first, click on “Apple logo” and select “Preference” option.
- Click on “Network” icon.
- Click on network type which you are using in the left side pane.
- Click on “Advanced” option.
- Click on “TCP/IP” option.
- In this page, click on “Configure IPv4” and select “Using DHCP with manual address”
- You would see IPv4 Address, enter your IP address.
- Click on “Apply” and then click on “OK” option.
After doing this, you can see your system IP address will be changed.
In this article, we have discussed how to change IP address on your system. In case you are facing any problem while changing IP address or you have any queries, do comment below. We will come back with a reply.