Wifi is the wireless local area networking process that enables us to experience flawless internet connection on various devices like desktop, laptop, mobile, and tablet. And to access this connection, you will require a password. Therefore, the password plays an important role. If your wifi password protected, then no one can access your internet connection without permission. It effectively adds security to your wireless connection. But just imagine a situation where you are suddenly unable to access your internet connection as your password is not working. It is quite possible that you have forgotten the password or you are unable to find the password. In this situation, instead of panicking, you should look for ways on how to find wifi password on Windows 10. In this article, we are going to discuss all the possible ways that will help you to sort out this situation.
Effective Methods On How To See Wifi Password On Windows 10
If you are looking for possible solutions to find wifi password on Windows 10, then try the steps that are given below. These are a few of the quickest ways that will help you resolve the issue in no time.
Method 1: Recovering Password In Windows 10 From Network Settings
- Move the pointer to the wifi icon which appears at the bottom left corner of the taskbar and right-click on it.
- Now, to find the password, select the ‘Open Network and Internet Settings’.
- Click on ‘Change Adapter Options’ which is located under ‘Change your network settings’ option.
- By clicking on the Start button, access the ‘Change Adapter option’ selection.
- Locate Change Adapter options at the right pane under ‘change your network settings’.
- In the next window, locate your WiFi network adapter and right click on it.
- Now, click on the ‘Status’ option.
- A Wi-Fi status will pop-up. Locate and click on ‘Wireless Properties’ button.
- In the pop-up window that appears next, click on the ‘Security’ tab and check the ‘Show characters’ checkbox.
- In the network security key, the encrypted password will soon be displayed.
Method 2: Recovering The Password On Command Prompt In Windows 10
The Command Prompt is another easy way that you can try in order to find the wifi password. Therefore, execute the following steps:
- In the Cortana search bar, type ‘Command Prompt’.
- Right-click and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Run the command to display a list of Wi-Fi connections you have recently connected to in the past.
- Below ‘User Profiles,’ ensure to find the list of all Wifi networks recently used.
- To reveal the password of one of the networks, run your wifi name.
- With the actual SSID of the Wireless network, replace the “Wifi name”.
- Scroll down and Locate ‘Key Content’ which is under ‘Security Settings’.
- The unencrypted password will be displayed in plain text characters.
- Now, copy the password and use it to check whether you can access the wifi connection or not.
The above steps are effective and proven. Hence, trying the methods should ideally help you to find the password without any hassle. But, if you are facing any problem or confusion, please do post comments below.