Netgear manufactures one of the best routers in this global market. However, like any other technical gadget, it is not free from technical flaws. Users often face it’s several glitches whenever they are trying to use it. NetGear wireless adapter not working is one of those common errors you can face while using it. If you have already faced this error and want to learn how to install Netgear wireless adapter it then try to follow this article till the end to get step by step guidance.
Causes To Encounter Netgear Wireless Adapter Not Working Issue
You can encounter this error due to several reasons. For instance-
Power Settings- You can encounter this error due to wrong power settings.
Outdated Netgear Drivers- If you are using an outdated version of Netgear router then you can face this error with your Netgear router.
Channel Settings- You can also get this error due to wrong channel settings.
Otherwise, Netgear wireless adapter not detected due to an internal glitch of network adaptor driver.
Easy Hacks To Fix Netgear Wireless Adapter Not Working Error
You can also troubleshoot this error using more than one method. Here, experts have provided all of them. Try to follow whichever looks convenient to you.
Method 1: Check The Equipment
Once you face this error with your system then initially try to check whether all types of equipment are running properly or not. On that note, try to check all USB ports connected with your router. You can also check the status of the router by connecting it with another computer. If the error persists then try to follow the next method.
Method 2: Change Power Settings
You can also troubleshoot this error by changing power settings. After performing this action, you will be able to save the battery life. You can do it using various methods. They are listed below.
Disable USB Selective Suspend
- To perform this action at first go to the battery icon and place a right click on it.
- You can see Power Option will open.
- Now, click on change plan settings.
- Change advanced power settings.
- Choose USB settings and USB selective suspend settings and disable both options ”On battery” and ”Plugged In”.
- After completing the steps save the changes.
Disable USB Root Hub
To perform his action, try to focus on the steps mentioned below.
- Right-click Start and open Device Manager.
- Expand to Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on USB root hub and open Properties.
- Click on the Power management tab.
- Once this whole process is done, try to make the ”Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” box be unchecked and click on OK to confirm. You have to perform the steps for both of the USB hubs.
Turn Off WLAN Adapter Suspend
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Go to the Network Adapters.
- Right-click on Netgear Adapter and open Properties.
- Here, you can see a checkbox named ”Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power” under the Power Management tab, make that checkbox unchecked.
- Under the Advanced tab, find locate Selective suspend and disable it.
- Save the changes to continue.
If the error persists then try to follow the steps mentioned below.
Method 3: Change Channel Settings
You can also change channel settings on that note by performing several steps.
- Go to the Windows Search bar, type control and open it.
- Open Network and internet and then Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose to ”Change adapter settings”.
- Right-click on your Netgear Adapter and open Properties.
- Click on ”Configure”.
- Scroll the channel WZC IBSS Number Channel under the advanced tab.
- From that menu choose channels 1,6,11 and save changes.
Your problem will be surely resolved, if not then try some other methods given below.
Method 4: Delete Network Adaptor
If you are getting this error due to an internal glitch of Network adaptor, try to delete network adaptors using following steps.
- Go to the Search option and find Device manager.
- In the device manager find the problematic adapter, right-click it, and choose Uninstall Driver.
- After successfully completing those tasks you have to run a scan for new hardware using “Scan for new hardware” icon.
After this process, new drivers will be installed. If the error persists then try the next method.
Method 5: Check Firewall
You can also face this error due to your third-party antivirus software. Some softwares such as BitDefender contains own firewall, you can face this error due to glitch related to this Firewall also. On that note, try to check it and uncheck it if necessary.
After this process, try to check the status of the error. If it persists then try to focus on the next step by downloading the latest version of Netgear router driver.
Method 6: Download Latest Versions Of Netgear Driver
You can also troubleshoot this error by installing the latest version of the Netgear driver. It can be possible that you are getting this error due to the outdated version of Netgear driver you are using. In this case, at first, download the latest version of the Netgear driver and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Device Manager by pressing Windows + X and choose device driver form that menu.
- In Device manager find your Netgear adapter, right-click it and choose Update Driver.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software” and “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. Next click “I have disk”.
- Now locate the driver, by default it should be in [SYSTEM_DRIVE]program files(x86)Netgear driver. Choose the .inf file and click OK.
If you want to choose the driver from the list, then try to perform the task using the following steps.
- Open Device Manager and find your network adapter. Right-click it and choose Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software after that go to the ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ option.
- Uncheck Show Compatible Hardware box.
- From the submenu choose Manufacturer: NETGEAR, Inc.
- From the right submenu select Model.
- Click Next and if you get Update Driver Warning click Yes.
- Restart your computer.
You can also go to the developer’s website to install a fresh version of Netgear driver automatically.
We hope you have resolved the matter on your own after performing the steps mentioned by the experts. If you are still trying to fix the issue then it is recommended to follow each and every step carefully to complete the action without any difficulty.