To configure your Belkin router and to secure it, you need to log into the administration dashboard. If you have access to the dashboard, you can also troubleshoot many issues that the router often comes across. And for that, you will have to log into your router. Go through this article to learn the process of Belkin router login.
Belkin has kept the process really simple and straightforward. Every router comes with the login details like default user ID and password. You must have it in the bundle of papers it came with. You will have to reset it. The default passwords are easy to hack because every Belkin router comes with the same default password. That means, unfortunately, almost everyone knows it.
So, to configure your router, and change its password, you need to log in to the dashboard. And for that, you must be connected to the router- wired or wirelessly. Once you have established the connection, the rest is a piece of cake.
Belkin Wireless Router Login Process
We have already mentioned that you need to be connected to your router for logging into it. After establishing the connection, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Web browser, type http://192.168.2.1 into the address bar and hit enter.
- Click Login at the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter admin in the place of username.
- Click submit since Belkin routers don’t come with a default password. However, if you are prompted for the password, type password in the given field.
- Once you are in, set your own administrator password. You must set a strong password to keep your router secured.
That’s it, you are done.
How To Set A Belkin Router Login New Password?
After you log in to your dashboard, you can set a new and stronger password for your Belkin router. This is especially important to keep your wifi secure from being hacked and misused. This is how you can change the password:
- Log in to the router using the previous method.
- Go to the System Setting on the left navigation pane.
- Enter the password into the “Type in current password” field. If you are setting the password for the first time, leave it blank.
- Enter the new password into the “Type in new password” and “Confirm new password” fields.
- Click “Apply Changes.”
If you know the password, then you can easily change it, but if you have forgotten the password, you won’t be able to log in to your Belkin router in the first place. In that case, you will have to reset the router and then set a new password.
Resetting The Belkin Router Password If You Have Forgotten The Old One
If you don’t remember the old password, you won’t be able to log into the Belkin router dashboard. In this case, changing the password will not be as easy as you think. However, it isn’t that tough either. All you need to do is follow the given steps:
- Power on your Modem.
- Find the reset button at the back of the device. However, depending upon the Belkin router model that you have, the location of the reset button can vary.
- Press and hold the Reset button for 15 seconds.
- Wait until the router restarts. This might take approximately one minute.
- Open a web browser, type 192.168.2.1 and hit enter.
- Click on login and then on submit, leaving the password field blank.
- Now, use the system settings option to set a new password.
That’s how you can reset the password of your Belkin router if you have forgotten the earlier one.
Tips On Configuring The Belkin Router
Now that you are logged into the dashboard of your Belkin router, it is time to configure it. The correct configuration is important for the smooth functioning of your router.
- Go to DNS under Internet WAN.
- You can’t make any changes to the settings without entering the password. Enter the router’s password and click submit. However, if you have not set the new password yet, leave the field blank and submit.
- Uncheck Automatic from ISP.
- Type in 18.104.22.168 in OpenDNS addresses, and 22.214.171.124 in the Secondary DNS Address.
Things To Consider During Belkin Router Login
Here are a few tips that might come in handy while logging into the router:
- If you can’t access the 192.168.2.1 web address, and you get an error message while trying to do that, clear the cache of the browser and try again.
- Don’t type in the search bar; instead, type the web address in the URL box.
- Try using a different browser for accessing the IP address of your Belkin router.
Using these tips, you can overhaul the issues you might face while logging into your Belkin router. And if you still can’t reach the web address of your router, reset the router and try again. If you face the same issue, you might need to change the router or get the faults repaired at the earliest.