Comcast offers a range of durable and efficient routers that works smoothly. Like every router, you need to log in into the dashboard of these routers to set a password and configure them for your use. So, here, we are going to tell you how to login to the Comcast router.
Comcast Router Login Process
Logging into the Comcast router is easy, but it can’t happen if you are not connected to it.
- Connect to your router using wired or wireless connection.
- Open a browser and go to 10.0.0.1. This default router gateway will take you to the login screen.
- Enter admin in the place of username and the password.
- Click on submit.
You are logged into the router dashboard. Now use the change password option at the right side of the admin panel to create a new and a strong password. This will protect your network and data from being hacked and misused.
View and Change Network Name and Password
Sometimes, it takes time to remember the name of the network and wifi password. Most of us often forget it. If you are one among those who have a hard time remembering the username and password, you don’t have to worry. You can easily change the network name and password. However, you must know that if you change the wifi name and password anytime, you will have to reconnect all the devices using that wifi network using the new name and password. Here we have some simple steps that you can use for viewing or changing the network name and password.
You can access WiFi information via My Account through a web browser.
- Log in to My Account.
- Go to the settings, or click Manage Settings on the right-hand side, or scroll down and select the Manage Internet tile. Any of these actions will take you to the next page.
- Click on WiFi Network & Password.
- Here you can see the network name and password and change it as well.
- To change the password, click Edit.
- Enter the new network name and password.
My Account App for Mobile Devices
If you don’t have the immediate access to the laptop, you can also use the My Account app for mobile devices.
- Download the My Account app for your device from the app store.
- Log into the My Account app.
- Click the Internet on the bottom navigational menu.
- You will see the image of the individual Gateway, click the one you want to edit.
- Click Show WiFi settings. You will be able to see your WiFi information.
- Select Change WiFi Settings to modify them.
However, if you have created an xFi account for managing your Wifi, you will be directed to the xFi portal.
xFi helps users to personalize and control their home WiFi.
- Login at www.xfinity.com or to the Xfinity xFi app.
- You can see the name of your network at the top of the Overview page.
- To view the password, click on the show password option.
- To make changes, click Edit WiFi.
- Make the updates and select Apply Changes.
You have viewed and changed the credentials successfully.
Via X1 TV Box (View Only)
If you have the xFi account, then the fastest way to access your WiFi network name and password is through the X1 TV Box. Press the microphone button on your X1 Voice Remote and ask, “What’s my WiFi password?” or “What is my WiFi information? The details will appear on the screen.
You can also obtain the information via X1 TV Box’s menu.
- Press the Xfinity button on your remote control.
- Select the Apps icon.
- Select the Xfinity xFi app.
- Click on show Wifi password.
If you want to view all the connected devices, go to the ‘People and Devices’ section. Here, you can also pause WiFi access for a specific device or group of devices.
If you don’t have xFi but you are an Xfinity Internet Subscriber, here’s what you can do.
- Press the Xfinity button on your remote.
- Select the gear icon from the right side of the menu.
- Move down in the menu and select Help.
- Scroll to the right and select the WiFi tile from under the Troubleshooting section.
You will be able to see the name of the network and the password.
With Xfinity Wireless Gateway Admin Tool
If you are an advanced user, you can also use the Xfinity Wireless Gateway Admin Tool for viewing and changing the network name and password.
- Connect a device to the router. You can use a wired or wireless method for the connection.
- Open a web browser and go to the web address http://10.0.0.1. It will take you to the Admin Tool.
- Enter the default credentials which are Username: admin and Password: password. The password is case sensitive. If you have changed the password, enter that in the password field.
- Click on Login.
- Select Gateway from the left.
- Then select Connection and followed by WiFi.
- You’ll see the Name (SSID) of your WiFi network under Private WiFi Network.
- If you want to edit, click on Edit.
- If you see two network names, click Edit for both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands to view each band’s settings.
- To see the password, check the box next to Show Network Password.
- After making changes, click Save Settings.
That’s how you can use the Admin Tool for viewing and changing the network name and password.
Using The User Manual
This method is hard to miss. You can use the user manual if you are using an approved modem or router with your Xfinity Internet service. Visit MyDeviceInfo and click on the link specific to your router to see the information related to it.
That’s everything related to the logging into the router’s dashboard and viewing and changing the network name and password. A tip, in the end, will always set a strong password. It will protect your network and data from being misused.