Logging into your D-Link router allows you to access and if required, modify its settings. You can easily log in to your D-Link router and access its web-based homepage by connecting it to your PC either wirelessly or by using an ethernet cable. You also need to have access to a web browser of your choice, through which you will log into your D-Link router’s webpage. So, if you are a D-Link router user or if you have recently purchased one, and want to learn the procedure of logging into it, then go through this article thoroughly and find out how to do so.
How To Login To D-Link Router?
First, you need to know the Internal IP address of your router. If you don’t already know the IP address of your D-Link router, then you can follow the steps mentioned below to find that out.
Finding Your Router’s Internal IP Address
Figuring out your router’s IP address is a relatively simple task. Just follow the steps mentioned below to get that done:
- On your Windows PC, type ‘cmd’ in the search box and select ‘cmd’ from the list that appears. Click on it to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘ipconfig’ and press Enter.
- In the list of results displayed, look for Default Gateway, and note down the string of numbers displayed alongside it. This string of numbers separated by dots is your router’s address.
Logging Into Your D-Link Router
To log in to your D-Link router’s web interface, you need to know the login credentials, viz., the username and password. If at any point in time, you have made changes to these credentials, you need to have access to them. Just keep your username and password noted down in front of you and then, follow these steps to log in to your D-Link router.
- Open a web browser of your choice and type in your router’s IP address in the address bar. It’s the same address that you found out in the steps mentioned before. Just type in the address and press Enter. It will take you to your D-Link router’s login page. Suppose the address is 192.168.0.1; type this value in the address bar of your browser and press Enter.
- Now, on the login page of your D-Link router, you’ll see blank fields for username and password. Enter your username and password and click OK. If you haven’t changed these values at any point in time, you can enter the default inputs for each. The default username for D-Link router is ‘admin’ and just leave the password field blank.
You should now see the D-Link router’s home screen, which means you have successfully logged in to your D-Link router.
Troubleshoot Standard Login Issues On D-Link Routers
If you are facing any trouble while trying to log in to your D-Link router, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that you have connected your PC to your router’s network. As mentioned earlier, you can either use an ethernet cable or connect it wirelessly.
- If you are having problems with the login procedure, clear your browser’s cache and cookies and try again.
- If the above steps don’t resolve your login issue, you can perform a hard reset of the D-Link router.
These are the steps to log in to your D-Link router. Hope, after going through the procedure as mentioned above, you can successfully log in to your router without any problems.