Nowadays, routers play an important role in our daily life. It is one of the most transparent and trusted sources or mediums that provide us with a flawless internet connection. Like, all other networking devices available in the market, D-link is one of the most renowned ones. It offers us innumerable features that can make your task much easier. Security and privacy of your internet connection is a matter of concern. However, most of the routers come with inbuilt network names and passwords. You can change this password and name or you can keep the default one. But at times, users often forget this password and face trouble while connecting to the network. In this situation, resetting is the only solution. Therefore, if you are not aware of how to reset Dlink router password, go through this article thoroughly.
Here, we are going to discuss all the possible solutions and methods that will guide you in the right way. In case, you are unable to access your internet connection or forgot the router password, do not panic.
Follow the easy methods that are given below and reset the password of your router successfully.
Easy And Simple Hacks For Dlink Router Password Reset
Resetting a router password is no rocket science. It can easily be done with a few tweaks. If you are not a technical person, it is impossible for you to resolve the problem on your own. Hence, apply the simple steps that are mentioned below:
- At first, in your web browser, type your router’s IP address which is 192.168.0.1
- From the drop-down menu, at the login screen, select “Admin” and enter the password.
- Once the Web configuration screen appears, click on the“Setup” option that is located in the top menu.
- On the left-hand side, select the “Wireless Settings” link
- Now, click on the “Manual Wireless Connection Setup” button.
- Navigate to the field that represents my “Pre-Shared Key”. In case, you are not able to access it, from the drop-down menu, select a security mode which appears at the bottom of the screen first.
- Lastly, type in a new password.
In case you forgot your web configuration password and you cannot find any way to change the router settings, the do the following:
Take a paperclip or a pointed object to hit the reset button that is located on your router for resetting to its factory settings. Once you hold down the tiny reset button for about few seconds, the lights of the router will soon blink. This indicates that the factory reset is confirmed. Now you can use the default password of your router to access the web configuration screen. Once you are done with the above steps, change the password into something new and unique.
The above steps are proven and effective. Hence, applying the methods will give you fruitful results thereby resetting your router passwords successfully. If still, you encounter any trouble or confusion, please do post comments below.