Windows Explorer is one of the most important and essential components of the Operating system. However, it is not flawless. You can encounter its frequent glitches whenever you are trying to use it. In that case, sometimes you have to restart it to overcome those common errors. If you are not aware of How to restart Windows Explorer then go through this article for the necessary information.
How To Restart Your Windows Explorer
You can restart your Windows explorer using several methods. Try to follow all of them carefully.
Easy Hacks To Restart Windows Explorer
Using several methods, you will be able to perform this action. On that note, try to follow the steps carefully. It is recommended not to skip anyone.
Method 1: From Task Manager
You can restart the Windows Explorer from the Task Manager. Probably it is one of the most common methods. To perform so,
- On your keyboard press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys, to open the Windows Task manager. You can also use Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the task manager.
- Go to “Processes” and select the “explorer.exe” process name.
- After selecting, click on “End Process” from the bottom right corner of the window.
- Now, click on “End Process” again and Windows Explorer will stop working, then restart the system
- Now, you will see your Task Manager is already open on your screen. If not then press Ctrl+Shift+Esc again to open it,
- When completed, click on “File” at the top of the window.
- Click on “New Task (Run)” and type “explorer” from the menu option of the next window.
- Now, click on “OK” after this process explorer will start automatically.
Method 2: From Start Menu
Probably it is one of the easiest processes to perform this action. On that note, perform the steps given below.
- Open Start menu and press and hold Ctrl+Shift keys.
- While the keys are held, right click on any blank area and click on Windows Explorer will exit after saving all the settings.
Method 3: Using The Shortcut
You can also perform this action using a shortcut method. On that note, try to perform the steps given below.
- Go to the search option and type “Notepad”.
- You can se many search results. Now click on the first search result.
- In the notepad type the following command. ‘taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe’ and ‘start explorer.exe’
- Then use the Exit command
- Now, click on the File and click on the save.
- Change the name of the file as “Restart Explorer.bat”. Make sure that you have set the extension as .bat instead of .txt.
- Save the file at anywhere of your computer system.
- Now, double-click on the newly created file and Windows Explorer will start again.
Method 4: From Context Menu
First, you have to go to the Windows Registry. On that note, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run box.
- In that box, type ” regedit” and hit Enter.
- You can see the Windows registry on the screen. In the registry go to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and click on the Directory and find the option Background and hit Enter.
- Right-click on the option “shell” and select “new”.
- Now, click on the side menu, click on the “key” and find Windows Explorer and hit Enter to continue.
Method 5: With Out Rebooting Your Device.
- At first, open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- After that, click on the more details to expand the details.
- Now, click on the “Name” column. It will help you to organize the content in the window.
- Now, scroll down the “Windows process” and click on the Windows explorer form the list.
- After his process, click on the Restart button.
- After completing the steps, try to restart your device.
Hopefully, you have completed this action after performing the steps carefully. Simply go through this article and perform ths action hazard freely.