Purchasing a router is not the ultimate step. In order to get the appropriate functionalities and benefits of any router, it is essential to configure it correctly. Else it can arise various difficulties that can hamper the entire device. Linksys routers are one of the most trusted routers that offer us features that allows us to experience flawless internet connection. Therefore, it is essential to be aware of how to setup Linksys AC1200.
In case, you are not aware of the appropriate process, take help from this article. Here, we are going to discuss all the probable solutions that will make your task much easier.
Easy Hacks For Linksys AC1200 Setup:
There are two effective ways through which you can set up your Linksys AC1200 easily. If you are not a tech-savvy person, it is not always possible for you to be aware of all the technicalities of a router.
Therefore, in case you are unaware of how to setup Linksys AC1200, try the simple steps that are given below:
- At first, connect your device with the antennas and then the power adapter to a power outlet. For best results, antennas should be positioned upright.
- The range extender is required to be placed in the midway between your router and the area that has no Wi-Fi.
- On the top panel of the range extender, wait for a solid light.
- Now, connect your device to the range extender.
- Wireless setup – using a computer or mobile device, connect to the range extender’s default Wi-Fi name.
- In the Address bar, on your computer, smartphone or tablet, open a browser and in type the URL “http://extender.linksys.com” or “192.168.1.1”. Then hit the enter key.
- If the IP address does not work, then look for the IP address in your router’s DHCP table.
- Click on Start.
- On the License Agreement page select the ‘Agree’ button.
- When prompted, select your Wi-Fi.
- You should see the Wi-Fi name of both bands if you have a dual-band network. Click on the Refresh icon to re-scan for networks.
- Soon, the Spot Finder page will appear. This indicates the signal strength between your range extender and your router.
- Unplug and move it closer to your router and go back, if your range extender is too far. Alternatively, click on Connect anyway.
- Enter your Wi-Fi’s password and then click Next.
- You will be prompted to configure your Extended Network. Change the names of your Extended Networks then click on the Next button when it finishes.
- When prompted, create an Administrator Password and enter an optional security hint.
- Click on the next button.
- If the setup screen displays then the setup process is completed.
The above steps will give you a detailed idea about setting up the router successfully. In case you face any difficulty or confusion, please do post comments below.