Developed by Symantec Corporation, Norton Antivirus is an anti-malware software which uses signatures to identify the virus and malware in your system. This software also protects your PC from cyber attacks and provides phishing protection along with email spam filtering. But as this software runs a lot of background processes that use excessive CPU and memory, it might slow down your Mac device’s performance on the whole. Are you still getting notifications even after you have uninstalled Norton software or facing issues while uninstalling Norton on Mac? Then, this article is for you. It is essential to remove the software completely and that too with correct procedures to avoid these sort of issues. Thus, you can follow this guide to uninstall Norton completely from your system to avoid any further complications.
Conventional Methods To Uninstall Norton On Mac:
If you want to remove Norton Mac correctly through the manual removal process, you can follow the instructions provided below. You can opt for any of the procedures analyzed below as per your preference.
Option 1: Uninstall Norton Security Manually With Mac Trash
Follow this step-by-step guide to remove Norton Mac from your system:
Step 1: You Have To Shut Down The Software
At first, you have to ensure that you have shut down all the processes of Norton Security. Otherwise, it might stop you from removing Norton from Mac. You can do this by right-clicking on the Norton Security icon on The Dock and from there, choose the option “Quit.” After that, you need to go to the top left corner near the Apple icon and click on the setup. From there, select the option “Quit Norton Security” by pressing Command + Q. Then, go to the “Applications” folder, choose Finder and then Dock subsequently to go to Activity Monitor. Thereafter, click the Network button and search the keyword “Norton Security.” Furthermore, you need to select all the running processes of Norton Security and then, click on X on the left. After that, hit the Quit option to confirm the exit.
If these steps fail to work, then you have to force quit. You can do this by pressing shortcuts key Command + Option + Esc. Then, from the new window, choose the Norton Security icon and hit “Force Quit.”
Step 2: Try To Drag Norton Security Into Trash
- Open the Application folder from the left of Dock and try to find the Norton Security icon.
- After you find it, click on it and hold and drag this icon to Trash.
Step 3: Delete The Leftovers
In order to remove Norton Mac, you need to delete the leftovers through step-by-step guides:
- Firstly, launch Finder, then choose the Go option.
- From the Menu bar, select the option “Go to folder.”
- In the Go to Folder box, type “Library” and hit on the Enter key.
- This will take you to the search box of the Library folder. There, you have to type the keyword “Norton Security.”
- Then, select “Library” and right-click on all the items in the list which you want to Move to Trash.
- After that, check the following folders:
- /Library/Application Support/
- /Library/ Preferences/
After checking on all these folders, you have to right-click on the Trash and then select Empty Trash.
Option 2: Use Symantec Uninstaller To Uninstall Norton Antivirus For Mac
- Go to the Applications folder and then open the Symantec Solutions folder from there.
- After that, double-click on the Symantec Uninstaller option.
- Then, select the check the box right next to the Norton applications which you want to uninstall.
- Thereafter, select the option “Uninstall” and confirm that you want to remove this product.
- Then, go to the Authenticate window and there, type your administrator account password.
- After that, click on OK and then click on the Close option which displays the list of deleted items.
- At last, click on Restart.
Option 3: Use Any Good Uninstaller To Uninstall Norton Antivirus
If you want to remove Norton Antivirus, then you have to follow the guidelines described below:
- At first, install any good uninstaller in your Mac device.
- Then, run it on your device and go to the list of installed applications.
- From there, choose Norton Antivirus.
- Then, hit on the “Run Analysis” button. This will allow the tool to quickly make an analysis and target the app “Norton Security.”
- After that, you have to click on the “Complete Uninstall” button as soon as all the related files and folders appear on the list.
- This will automatically delete and remove the Norton security application and its related folders and files.
Now, you need to check whether you have successfully uninstalled Norton Security. You can verify this by clicking on the Refresh button. Thereafter, if you want to continue the auto removal process, you have to click on the Uninstall option and then type the password of your computer. Then, you need to clcik the Enter key and wait for some time to finish the removal procedure.
Hope that the aforesaid methods will help you in removing Norton from Mac device. But if you find any difficulty while performing any of the steps described above or if you fail to uninstall Norton antivirus software, then don’t be worried. Get in touch with a professional to resolve this issue at the earliest.