Today most of the people use multiple web browsers on their computer or mobile devices. Among these, the Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are often preferred by the users. Both the browsers are fast, easy, customizable and come along with a lot of useful features. Though every browser has its own advantages and disadvantages, people usually don’t like to change their browser because they might lose the passwords, browsing history and bookmarks from the default browser. But if you know the possible ways of how to transfer the data from one browser to another then it won’t be that difficult. In this article, we will learn about the procedure of how to import bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox.
Know How To Import Bookmarks From Chrome To Firefox| Stepwise Guide
Switching from Chrome to Firefox is easy and there is no risk of losing the previous browser information. Firefox can automatically transfer bookmarks, passwords, history and other information from Chrome without removing it or conflicting with any of its settings. So, let’s move on to the solutions that will help to import the bookmarks from your Chrome to Firefox browser.
Import Bookmarks From Chrome To Browser Using Import Wizard
- First, launch the Firefox browser on your computer. If you don’t have the browser then you can download and install it online.
- In the Firefox window click on the ‘three bar’ icon on the top right corner in the toolbar. Then, go to Library option and search for Bookmarks in there and click on it.
- Now, select Show All Bookmarks, or you can press Ctrl+Shift+B instead.
- After selecting All Bookmarks in the Library section, go to Import and Backup toolbar button. From there click on the last option Import Data from Another Browser.
- In the next window, you’ll see the list of available browsers on your computer. There, click on Chrome to select it and then, tap on Next.
- Now, you need to check or uncheck the items that you want to copy from Chrome to Firefox. When it is over click on Next to continue.
- When the importing is complete, you can click on the Finish tab to close the Import Wizard program. After that, you can close the Library and see the changes.
Import Bookmarks From Chrome To Browser Using HTML File
To apply this method first, you have to export the Chrome bookmarks to an HTML file. Follow the below instructions properly to export the bookmarks to HTML file:
- Open the Chrome browser on your desktop.
- Click on the ‘three dots’ icon at the top-right corner of the screen to open the menu. From there select Bookmark manager or you could just press Ctrl+Shift+O keys to open the option.
- Then, go to Organize and then tap on Export bookmarks option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, go to the location where you wish to save the HTML file and enter a file name to that ‘.html’ file. Then, click on Save and complete the exporting process.
After exporting the Chrome bookmarks to the HTML file, we will move on to the importing that file to the Firefox browser. Go through the below steps carefully:
- Click on the Menu (three bar) button on the Firefox browser and then click on Library icon in the toolbar. From there select the Bookmarks.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B keys to go to the Show All Bookmarks or otherwise tap on it manually.
- Then, in the Library section, you need to select All Bookmarks in the left side of the browser window. After that go to the Import and Backup button on the toolbar and then click on Import Bookmarks from HTML.
- Now, you need to locate that exported ‘.html’ file from your computer and tap on it to Open the file.
- In this way, your Chrome bookmarks are now imported into your Firefox bookmarks. Close the Library when it is complete.
Import Bookmarks From Chrome to Firefox For Android
This is a guide that will help you to transfer the bookmarks from Chrome desktop to Firefox mobile. At first, you need to set up an account in your Chrome browser. This will allow your smartphone to sync with the desktop browser and as a result, all the data will be available on all the platforms.
If you already have an account in your Chrome browser, then it makes it easier. Sign in to your account linked with the Google Chrome. Make sure that Firefox is present in your desktop while going with this procedure. If not then download and install it from the internet.
As Chrome and Firefox are present on the same computer, you’re just a few clicks away to import the bookmarks. Now, press Ctrl+Shift+B and then Import and Backup> Import Data from Another Browser. But if the browser is not on the same computer, then you can apply the previous method of importing using HTML file to transfer the bookmarks.
After it is finished, you just need to sync your account on the mobile phone to get those bookmarks on your Firefox mobile browser. To do that open Firefox mobile and click on Options. From there tap on Sync, and within a few seconds, it will be done. Now you can access the Chrome bookmarks on your Firefox mobile browser, and you can find them in the bookmarks folder.
Therefore, you can try the above methods and import bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox without any further difficulties. The process using the Import Wizard will save your time while the HTML file method might be little time-consuming as there you have to do both export and import. So, all the best.