Dell produces one of the most top-notch technical products on this global market. However, despite being a technical one it is not free from the technical flaws. Among all of them, Dell laptop screen flickering issue is one of the most common error you can come across with. If you have already faced this error and want to troubleshoot the problem then you can follow this article.
Causes Behind Dell Laptop Screen Flickering Issue
- BIOS Error- You can come across with this error due to an outdated BIOS. In this case, it can happen hat your system BIOS fails to detect the monitor, as a result, you are getting this error.
- Internal Glitch Of Graphics Card- You can also encounter this error due to an internal glitch of graphics card driver.
Easy Ways To Troubleshoot Dell Laptop Screen Flickering Issue
Though you can encounter this error due to several reasons, you can also fix it on your own using experts guidance. Try to follow them whichever looks convenient to you.
Method 1: Restore Default Settings
You can also avoid this error by restoring default settings. on that note, try to follow the instructions carefully.
- On your keyboard, Press Windows+ R key simultaneously to open Run.
- In the Run box type in “powercfg.cpl” and hit Enter to continue.
- Click the High-performance option and after that go to the Change plan settings.
- Click Restore default settings for this plan.
- After this process, click on the Yes button to confirm changes.
Now, restart your computer and check the status of your error. If it persists then try some other methods given below.
Method 2: Change Screen Resolution
You can also get rid of this error by changing screen resolution. On that note, try to focus on the steps mentioned below.
For Windows 10
- At first place a right click on the empty space of your desktop and click on the Display settings.
- In the resolution, try to focus on the drop-down menu and change the screen resolution.
- After this process, restart your computer and check the error status. If it still persists then try to update your graphics driver.
For Windows 8 or 7
- Right click on the empty space of your desktop and click on “resolution”.
- Once you navigate into the resolution settings then you can see a drop-down list of resolutions. Adjust it as per requirement.
- After that restart your device and check the error status. If it persists then try to perform an update process with your graphics card driver.
Method 3: Update Graphics Driver
If the error persists then try to Graphics Card driver, then try to update graphics card driver to troubleshoot this issue.
- In the Search box type in ‘update device drivers’.
- Click on the search result and choose Graphics Card.
- Your system will automatically start downloading the latest version of the graphics driver. You can go to the developer’s website to download the latest version of the graphics driver.
After performing this actions. You will be able to overcome this issue on your own. Try to follow the steps carefully.