Norton is a well-known antivirus. It protects your device from various kind of malicious software. But being a software it has some flaws in it. Nowadays, every mobile app or Windows operating system has its own security software which is capable enough to detect any kind of malicious software and remove it automatically. Then also, if you install Norton security in order to secure your data, then it works as a third party software. For exactly this reason Norton program files conflict with system files and firewalls and makes computer to respond sluggishly. Sometimes it requires to remove Norton antivirus program so that other work can be done easily.
How To Uninstall Norton Security Software
We have discussed some methods which help you to remove Norton security software from your computer and as well as from your mobile.
For Android Device
Step1: Uninstall Norton Mobile Security
- Firstly, launch the Norton Mobile Security.
- After that, click on the menu icon which you will get in the top-left corner and then click on Uninstall.
If in any case, you cannot open the Norton Mobile Security app then follow step 2 and remove it manually from your device.
Step 2: Disable Device Administrator For Norton Mobile Security
You can implement this method by choosing Settings and then Security. Then, select Device Administrators. Here, if the checkbox is unchecked, then click on it to disable Device Administrators for Norton Mobile Security.
Step 3: Uninstall Norton Mobile Security Manually
- Go to Settings then click on Apps.
- You will get a list of Apps, select Norton Mobile Security from that and click on it to open.
- On clicking on Norton Mobile Security you will get an option of Uninstall. Tap on it, which start the uninstalling process.
- When the uninstall finishes tap OK.
For Desktops And Laptops
Remove Programs Control Panel
- Navigate to the Start menu icon and click to open Control Panel.
- After that, double-click on Add or Remove Programs. You will get a list of Norton products installed in your device. Select all by clicking on it.
- Then click on Remove. A screen will appear to you where you will get a Remove All button. Click on it to start the removal process.
- After completion of the removal process, you will be asked to restart the computer. Click on it to reboot your device.
- At last check, all the Norton products have removed or not.
Extra Optional Steps
You can start the method by opening My Computer just by clicking on the icon. Then double-click on Local Drive (C:\).
Then, double-Click on Program Files, a new window will appear to you where you will get a list of software which is installed in your device. Search for Norton products, if you figure out any, then select it and right click on them and choose Delete option which will start the uninstalling process. By applying this method, you can uninstall Norton security from your computer and laptops.
If you want to uninstall Norton Security from your device, then you will get detailed information in this article. hope the above article will help you to remove Norton antivirus program from your device If you apply the steps as it is given. Then also, if you not able to uninstall Norton security, contact professionals to fix the issue.