HP Laptop Touchpad not working is one of the frustrating issues on the HP laptop. When you face this problem, the touchpad stops working. If you are facing similar kind of problem then, do not worry. In this article, we are going to discuss how to fix hp touchpad not working.
How To Fix Touchpad Problem On HP Laptop?
The touchpad not working might occur due to several issues. The hardware might be defective or incorrect drivers is the primary reason for this problem. Follow the instructions given below to solve the HP Laptop Touchpad problem.
Update The Touchpad Driver
The Hp Touchpad not working if the drivers are outdated or corrupt. In order to fix the faulty HP laptop touchpad, you can update the drivers. Open the Device Manager and check the Touchpad Driver if it has a yellow exclamation mark, then Right-click to update the drivers. You can also manually download the drivers from the manufacturer website. Visit the website and download the suitable drivers for your computer and install them.
Roll Back The Touchpad Driver
If updating the drivers did not work then you can also try to Rollback touchpad Driver. It might be that the drivers are incompatible. Follow the given steps.
- Press Windows and R to open the Run window.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press the enter key or click the Ok button.
- Expand the “Mice and other pointing devices”. Thereafter Double-click on the touchpad device.
- Next, Select the Driver tab and click on the Roll Back Driver button.
- Restart the computer and see if the touchpad works.
Enable The Touchpad Using The Fn Key
The HP laptop mouse pad not working might occur in case the touchpad has been disabled accidentally. You can easily enable the touchpad with the help of Fn key and some function key combination. Press hold the Fn key and press the F6, F7, F9… keys and check which of the combination works for you.
Enable The Touchpad In Mouse Properties
In case you have mistakenly disabled the Touchpad then you can enable it from the Mouse properties. Just follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Control Panel from the start menu.
- Locate the Mouse option and Right-Click on it to open the properties.
- Next, Go to the “Device Settings” to open the touchpad configuration.
- Select the touchpad from the Devices list and click on Enable.
- Now Check if the touchpad works again.
Try Performing a hard reset
The Touchpad problem might occur if mistakenly there has been some changes in the settings. You can perform hard reset to restore the configuration and see if fixes the problem.
Follow the instructions given below to reset your computer.
- First of all turn off the laptop.
- Disconnect any peripheral devices such as USB devices, external displays and mobile phones.
- Next, you have to unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- Hold the power button for some time and drain the residual electricity from the computer.
- Again, plug back the adapter in the laptop.
- Turn on the laptop and see if the mouse pad works.
Scan For Malware
Some specific type of malware or virus can block the Laptop to respond to mouse. In that case, you need to immediately detect the virus and remove them. You can use any Antivirus Software and scan for virus in the system and erase them.
We hope that we have provided you with enough solutions so that you will be able to fix the problem.