Logging in to your Netgear router allows you to access and modify its settings. You can easily access the web-based login page of your router to change its settings if required. All you need to do to perform this action is to connect your Netgear router to your computer either through an ethernet cable or wirelessly. You also need a web browser to access the router’s homepage from your computer.
Here, in this article, we have discussed the process of logging in to a Netgear router in detail. Just follow the steps mentioned below to successfully log in to your router and then you can modify its settings from there.
First, you need to find out the IP address of your router.
Finding Your Netgear Genie Router’s Address
Before you can log in to your Netgear Genie, you need to find out your router’s IP address. After that, you can enter that address in your browser’s address bar to access your router’s web-based homepage.
Find Your Router’s Address On Windows
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click Settings > Network & Internet. This should open the status page of Network & Internet menu.
- Near the bottom of the Status page, you should see a link named “View your network properties.” Click on it.
- Scroll down to the section named WiFi.
- Check the address next to Default Gateway. It’s a string of numbers separated by stops. Note this address down somewhere. This is your router’s address.
Find Your Router’s Address On Mac
- On the top left corner of your Mac’s screen, there is an Apple logo. Click on it to open the menu.
- Click System Preferences > Network > Advanced.
- Navigate to the TCP/IP tab.
- At the top of the window, next to “Router” is your router’s address. Note it down somewhere.
How To Log In To Your Netgear Genie Router
Check the backside of your Netgear router for the login credentials. There should be a sticker with the username and password mentioned therein. The default values for the username is “admin” and password is “password.” But the values may differ slightly depending on your router model, which you will find at the back of your router. Note them down somewhere. Next, follow these steps to log in to your router:
- Open a browser of your choice and type your router’s address in the address bar. Hit Enter.
- This should take you the router’s web-based login page.
- Now, you need to enter the username and password in the fields given for each.
- If you haven’t set any username and password, enter the default values of each.
- Click Login or press Enter to enter your Netgear router’s webpage.
Wait for the page to load and after the page loads, you can modify the settings as per your requirements.
Common Login Issues On Your Netgear Genie: Troubleshoot
If you are facing troubles while logging in to your Netgear router, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that you’ve connected your computer to your Netgear router’s network.
- If your router address doesn’t work, you can try using www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com or www.orbilogin.net to access your router’s webpage.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache.
- If the above steps doesn’t fix your issue, you can perform a hard reset of your router.
These are the steps to log in to your Netgear router. Hope, after following the steps as mentioned, you can successfully login to your router’s homepage.