Motorola is a known name in the field of mobiles and routers. You can use the dashboard of the router for securing your connection, changing the password, changing the settings and many other such works. For that, you will have access to the web interface of your router by logging in. Here’s how you can log in to your Motorola router.
- Connect your system to your router using LAN or wirelessly. Remember, you can’t log in to the dashboard unless you are connected to the router.
- Launch a browser.
- In the address bar, type: “192.168.0.1” and hit enter.
- You will be taken to the login page.
- If you are logging in for the first time, enter the User Id as the Admin and Motorola in the place of the password.
- Click login and you will be taken to the dashboard.
Now, you must change the password of your router. It is important because everyone knows your default password and hence, can easily enter into the network and lock you out of it. Moreover, your data can be misused as well.
Changing The Motorola Router Network Name And Password
After you have logged into the dashboard of your router, you can easily change the network name and password of your network.
- Go to the basic Status and Settings page.
- Then, navigate to the Wifi Privacy Settings section.
- Check the box beside Show Key and wait for the page to reload.
- Delete the current Network Name and type the new Network Name.
- Repeat the same for the password.
- Save the changes.
All your devices that were connected to that network at that time will be disconnected. Therefore, you will have to reconnect them all using the new network name and password. Also, make sure the password is between 8 – 63 characters. You can use the upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters, etc. But you can’t use a single quote mark. And your network name could be 6 – 32 characters long. Rest of the rules goes the same for the network name as well.
In case you have forgotten your router’s password, you will have to reset it and repeat the login process all over again.
Resetting The Motorola Router
Resetting the router can help you resolve many issues. For instance, if the router is freezing or you have forgotten the password to your router’s dashboard, you can reset the router and the issue will be gone. We have provided the process to set up the router without any hassle.
Through Web Interface
You can reset the Motorola router through its web interface. For that,
- Access the management interface by going to the address http://192.168.100.1.
- Click on the Configuration tab.
- Choose Reset All Defaults and confirm by clicking OK.
- Left-click the option Restart Cable Modem and confirm by pressing OK.
- The modem should restart in Factory Default condition. (This may take 5 – 30 minutes).
However, if you are not able to reset the modem through the IP address, you can reset it manually as well.
Manually resetting the Motorola router
For manually resetting the router, power it on if it already isn’t. Now, find the reset button on the body of your router. The place of the reset button varies with the models of the router, however, often, it is placed at the back of the router.
Press and hold the reset button for at least 15 seconds or until your router reboots. After it restarts, you can connect it to your system and login back into the dashboard using the process we mentioned at the beginning of this article.