Mac is quite popular among tech-freaks. It comes up with high-quality hardware and a wide range of features. However, several users often ask how to restore a MacBook. This can be easy for us if you know the procedure well.
This article gives you a brief description as well as provides the procedures for how to restore Mac.
How To Restore A MacBook? Reasons With Proper Solutions
Here are some steps regarding restoring process of your MacBook. Have a look.
Improper backup may result in data loss. If you have not stored the data properly inside the external storage system then it may cause the data loss.
Before starting the restoring process of Macbook, remember to backup up all your files. When you revert your MacBook Pro back to the factory settings, you have to remove all of the data currently existing in your hard drive.
So, in case if you want to keep anything then, take some time to transfer all the data into external hard drive.
The backup issue may occur because of storage or if the device is not compatible with the external device.
After completion of your file back up process, turn off the MacBook Pro. After that, attach it to the AC adapter, and then boot it back up. After completion of the above procedure, press and hold Command and R buttons in order to start the restoring process. Then, hold command and R keys until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Note: Apart from that, you can also follow the alternative boot screen with a Mac Operating System X utility menu.
System restoring issue may occur if the connection is not established correctly between the external device and the device. So the solution for resolving the issue is written below.
To finish the system restoring procedure, you will have to connect your device with the internet. After that, choose the Wi-Fi option from the utility section, select the router you want to use. Then enter the username and password of your Wi-Fi that you want to connect.
Here, using this procedure, you can choose the correct version of OS X using device utility.
Then, search for Internet Recovery and open it. This option will help you to the Reinstall OS X option and click on that. After that, wait until your MacBook Pro connects to the internet and download the required information from the Apple server to your device.
You will be asked to enter your Apple account related information, including username and password. Note: Your hard drive will then be formatted without any problem.
Users often can face installation related problems when restoring. Here is the solution to that particular issue.
After completion of the reinstallation process, you can reboot your system, along with your proper Apple ID information and start copying all your important files to the device from your external hard drive. Users are known to encounter problems at the time of restoring a MacBook.
In case, if Mac crashes before booting and the display screen become blank or gray, then the issue try to boot in Safe Mode.
- To start up your Mac in Safe Mode go to Start Menu of Mac and hold the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.
- Then open the login screen and let go of the Shift key when the Apple logo disappears.
- It may take some time before you get to the login screen. Now, to leave Safe Mode and start up your Mac.
Incompatible login may be the reason behind Mac restoring issue. In case, if you see a blue screen at the time of open your system. It may occur because of incompatibility. So, you can easily remove the login items and start your Mac. When done removing, you will see the problem is fixed.
- First, go to the ‘System Preferences’, then ‘Users & Groups’ to click your name inside the Current User option.
- Then, click on the login items window and highlight an application.
- Then hit the ‘-‘ sign at the end and you can see it will remove from the Login Items section.
- To see if your startup issue has been solved or not, you can reboot your Mac. In case, if the issue not solved then you can go back to the list and remove the alternative application and keep going doing the procedure until you are able to remove the main culprit.
Note: Even, you can easily able to add items To add items in the Startup list you can press the ‘+’ button.
As we know that, often some applications dont respond or fail to work properly. In that case, you may find the temporary application that hangs your Mac and when an app hangs. So, it freezes the system results in quit the application.
- In that case, you can enter the ‘Force Quit’ option from the Apple icon in the top-left corner after writing Command-Option-Escape.
- After that, focus on the application that is not working properly and hit the Force Quit option.
In case, if you see that the spinning beach ball increases, then this issue may result in system slowdown. Now, open the Activity Monitor and open the Utility folder.
Now, in the Activity Monitor window, you can see the amount of CPU using and memory status of all the application that is using.
Apart from that, you can also use the Activity Monitor in order to quit an application.
You can highlight the application from the list and tap X, from the upper-left corner of the window, and select the ‘Force Quit’ option.
One of the most common problems that the user may face at the time of dealing with Mac. It generates an error message can’t connect to the Wi-Fi.
- First, go to the Network page in the System Preferences section.
- Then, hit the Advanced tab in the bottom left corner you will see a list of Preferred Networks.
- Then after, highlight your Wi-Fi network and click the ‘minus‘ button to ‘Remove’ the network.
- Then you can click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar and reconnect to your network by entering your password.