Being one of the most trusted routing devices, Netgear offers us with the unique features that provide an uninterrupted internet connection. Despite the unmatched features and functionalities, this router also develops errors that are hampering the user’s experience. Therefore, at times it is necessary to update your router in order to improve the performance of your router. Doing so will effectively help to fix various bugs and other complex issues. If you are looking for ways about “how to update Netgear router?”, this article will provide you with the best solutions. We are going to discuss all the effective and easy procedures that will make your task easier.
Smart Tricks For Netgear Modem Firmware Update:
Updating the firmware of your router will help you to enhance the performance and also includes all the added features after the update. Therefore, follow the simple steps that are given below to update the router manually:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network. Use an ethernet cable to connect your computer to your router.
- Now, enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Enter the routers username and password. Note: The username is admin, and the default password is password. Remember, the username and password are case-sensitive.
- Now, click on the ADVANCED tab and select the Administration.
- Click on the Firmware Update or Router Update.
- Click the Check button.
- Now, to download and install it successfully click the yes button.
If the above steps don’t work, do the following:
- At first, visit www.netgear.com/support.
- In the search box, type your model number.
- If a drop-down menu displays, select the desired router mode.
- If no drop-down menu appears, ensure to enter your model number correctly. You can also select a product category to get the product model.
- Now, click on the Firmware and Software Downloads.
- Select the firmware version that you want to download which is under Current Versions.
- Then click the Download button.
- Unzip the downloaded file and run the .exe file.
- Follow the instructions that come on-screen to update the firmware on your device.
The above steps will help you to update the firmware of your router successfully thereby making your routing device error-free. In case if you have any trouble or confusion with any of the above steps please do post comments below.