If you are facing sound-related issues with Realtek like poor output or no audio at all, it can probably happen when the driver malfunctions. The error can also arise because of a corrupt, outdated or a missing sound driver. Therefore, in such cases, you need to update Realtek drivers. Moreover, you may also face issues with your audio drivers if there is a fault in the hardware of your system. In certain circumstances, you may find that the speakers of your computer are malfunctioning thereby indicating a problem in the audio drivers. If you do not consider yourself tech-savvy enough to solve such issues, go through the article to know how to update Realtek drivers. Here, we have mentioned a few of the easiest yet effective methods to update the drivers and fix the sound issues that are troubling you.
The following three methods might help you to resolve the errors that you are encountering with your device by updating the Realtek audio drivers instantly.
Solution 1: Update Realtek Audio Drivers Using Device Manager
The simplest way to update the Realtek Audio Driver is through the Device Manager of your device. To implement it, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows key and R ( Win+R ) at the same time from your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Press Enter after typing devmgmt.msc in the Run box to open the Device Manager window.
- Now, you need to select the “Sound, video and game controllers” option. Then, you need to right-click on the “Realtek High Definition Audio” option. Finally, select the Update Driver Software option on the context menu.
- Select the option Search automatically for updated driver software to find the correct driver for your device.
- After updating the driver, reboot your device and check if the audio issues persist.
In case the latest version of the driver is installed in your device, you will see the message “The best driver software for your device is already installed” displayed on your screen. Therefore, you do not need to update the driver again.
Solution 2: Update Realtek Drivers From The Manufacturer’s Website
If you are unable to update the audio drivers from the Device Manager, try downloading and installing the Realtek Audio Drivers from the manufacturer’s website. You can find the latest drivers on the website. After opening the site, click on the High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) option and follow the on-screen instructions. Now, download the correct driver which is compatible with the version of Windows. Finally, you need to double-click on the downloaded file to install the driver.
Solution 3: Update the Realtek Audio Driver Automatically
If you are still unable to update Realtek drivers even after performing the methods mentioned above, try to update Realtek audio driver automatically. To upgrade the drivers, perform the following steps:
- Scan your system to detect the problems with the drivers.
- Click on the Update button to automatically download the correct version of the driver. You will get the option next to the Realtek audio driver.
- Or, you can also click on the Update All option to download and install the correct version of the missing, outdated or a corrupted driver ensuring that it is compatible with your device.
Hopefully, the given methods will help you to update Realtek drivers without much hassle. In case you are still unable to update Realtek drivers, consider taking professional assistance.